Thursday 30 January 2014

Mix it Monthly in January

Was very inspiring and so much so that I rather accidentally created paintings that fitted into the category. Here are two portraits that I did this month:

The Birdlady is a mixed media work on cardboard sized approximately 70x100 cm:


The page below is part of the Traveling Art Journal (you can see who is in the group on the link above). It is a combination of collage and acrylics.


And a pencil sketch and acrylic painting. I added the colours to the drawing last week. The woman in the painting has recently lost her father and somehow the idea to add colours came to my mind and the dripping paint just was a spontaneous idea.



Lastly I wanted to add this fair lady to the show, as she is wearing the most stunning headdress! She is the result of an international collaboration (and I need to frame her properly) 


Thank you very much for your wonderful challenge Conny! I enjoy it very much :-)
Visit the Mix it Monthly challenge, it is growing and beautiful and amazing to see!

7 comments:

  1. You have created wonderful ladies Ilona! I love them all, perhaps most the one in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sirkka! I like the collaged page very much as well. She is worked in a lot of colours I usually do not use to such an extent :-)
      I added one more painting I had forgotten, when I first put up the post.

      Delete
  2. Oh Ilona, Du hast ja wirklich einen Lauf :) Grossartig Deine Birdlady, ich kann garnicht mehr wegschauen! So genial die dezenten Farben, ihr Blick und dann der brilliante Vogel auf ihrem Kopf! Ich liebe dieses Bild ♥♥♥ und dann das zweite ist einfach nur Spass pur! Diese leuchtenden Farben und auch der Haarschmuck sind ein echter Augenschmaus!! Alle vier sind wundervoll! Ich freue mich so sehr, dass Du Teil bist von Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous, full of soul, texture and feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the first painting with the Bird on top of her head. Totally Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and beautiful ladies each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. llona, hello. Hope you are doing well. Your ladies are exceptional. Much talent here at your blog. Well done.:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!